Thursday, February 2, 2012

=EASY, CLEAN SCRAMBLED EGGS=

It's no secret, I love shortcuts.  If there's an easy way to do something, I'll spend my time trying to figure it out.  The only thing I love more than a shortcut is saving money!  Imagine how giddy I was a few weeks ago when, browsing through the aisles of Walmart, I found a single waffle maker on the shelf - clearanced to $2.84!  I wasn't even shopping for a waffle maker, but I jumped on that deal!

I've used it for protein waffles for breakfast and I saw a post somewhere where someone had used their waffle maker to cook hashbrowns.  What a great idea!  I tried it and loved it!  It got me thinking about what else I could make in it.  And so I tried scrambled eggs - and IT WORKED!!!

Heed my advice when I say - DON'T OVERFILL THE WAFFLE MAKER!  It can be a MESS!  Usually 2 eggs or 1 yolk +3 egg whites will fit, but depending on the size of the egg, it could be too much.  If you think you're cutting it close, save some and make another.  Your plate will look fuller anyway:)

Here's today's breakfast:



1 egg yolk + 3 egg whites
2 TBS diced red bell pepper
Fresh Spinach
Sea Salt
Fresh ground pepper

1/4 Cup Frozen Hashbrowns
Sea Salt
Fresh ground pepper

Yummy!!! And the best part is the clean up.   Your waffle maker will wipe clean!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment