Tuesday, January 31, 2012

=CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BARS=

That's what I said!  Chocolate and peanut butter - like a Reese's!  Only not really.

When I first started 'eating clean', I asked a friend for her protein bar recipe.  She had made them, but I hadn't tried them.  When she sent me the recipe, I was both excited and disappointed.  Excited because I had the recipe in hand, and disappointed because the recipe called for vanilla protein powder and I had chocolate.  I had all of the other ingredients in my pantry.

I decided I would try them with chocolate protein powder, but I would have to omit a few other things.  Here's what I came up with:

In a saucepan, cook over medium heat:
1 1/4 cup natural chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 TBS coconut oil

Mix dry:
2 1/4 cups steel cut oats
2 cups chocolate protein powder (as natural as possible)
1/2 cup coconut flakes

Mix all together and spread on cookie sheet.  Cool in fridge for 2 hours.  Cut into bars - about 1/2 the size of your palm.  Store in a ziploc bag.  These can be sort of crumbly, but it's okay.  They're great with a spoon too!

I take these everywhere!  They're great for breakfast - or in a pinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment