Friday, January 27, 2012

=SAUTEED SPINACH & PEPPERS=

I've never been one to like vegetables....literally almost none of them! I quickly realized after beginning to eat clean that I was gonna have to keep trying new things and hopefully I'd find something I would like.

I ran across a recipe for spinach and thought I'd try it, but it was just plain spinach.  Plain spinach might be okay for you, but for me it brought back memories of the salty canned spinach that was served at school.  Bleh!  Yes, it would have to be different.  It would have to have color and lots of flavor - and it did not disappoint! (And once again - not a great pic!)  Here it is:




4 Tbs Olive Oil
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Small Red Pepper
1 Small Green Pepper
1 Small Yellow Pepper
5-10 Grape Tomatoes, halved
About 4 Large handfuls of Fresh Baby or Flat Leaf Spinach
Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
Lemon juice
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)

Heat olive oil and garlic in skillet. Saute' peppers until tender. Add tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, then add spinach, sea salt and pepper. Saute' until spinach is done (about 5 minutes). Squirt a little lemon juice on top when it's done.  Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment