Friday, January 27, 2012

=CLEANED UP CHICKEN FAJITAS=

This was absolutely one of my husband's favorites!  He raved about these fajitas!  I must admit, I found them pretty tasty myself:) 

This picture looks like I didn't even try, but seriously - I didn't even try... I took this picture before I started the blog and we had these right after our evening workout - hence the styrofoam plate.  (Please, no comments about styrofoam.  One cause at a time.)


2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (Hormone free)
2 Tbs Olive Oil
4 Tbs Lime Juice
1 small onion, sliced
3 small peppers - any color, seeds and ribs removed, cut into ribbons
1 Tbs Cumin
1 Tbs Chili Powder
4-6 Whole Wheat Tortillas
All Natural Salsa (optional)
Greek Yogurt (optional)

Preheat oven to 350'.  Put onions and peppers in a small baking dish.  Place chicken breasts on top.  Drizzle olive oil and lime juice over chicken.  Shake cumin and chili powder on top of chicken, as evenly as possible.  Cover.  Bake for one hour.  Top of chicken will look burnt because of seasoning.  It's not!  Shred chicken with two forks and mix with peppers and onions.  Serve in whole wheat tortillas and add salsa and Greek yogurt, if desired.  And of course, by all means, if you want to add more fresh stuff like lettuce or tomato to your fajitas, go for it!  YUM!!! 


**UPDATE: New Pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment